Subject: Re: carmen
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 14:16:39 -0700

The first Carmen I ever heard was the production we did in my high school
in Tenafly, NJ.  I still remember the English translation they did for
every number.  I was surprised how good it was and some of the actually
went on to sing professionally.  My parents gave me the Rise Stevens LPs of
it and I wore them out.  As far as Carmen Jones is concerned,  I still
remember Pearl Bailey singing "beat out that rhythm on the drum" in the
second act Gypsy song lol.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.