Subject: Re: carmen
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:08:20 -0600

My first Carmen was a collage production. The Carmen was a life drawing
model whose parents were Baptist missionaries in Africa. She was the
sexiest Carmen ever. The others in the cast I don't remember and it's
possible that I remember the Carmen as I drew her many many times. In fact
a drawing of her is one of the few pieces I have from that period. Carmen
Jones was the first "Carmen" I experienced and I was enthralled seeing it 6
times sometimes sitting thru more than one showing a day. Still sometimes
when I hear Carmen the lyrics by Hammerstein is what I hear.
Gordon