Subject: Re: carmen
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:08:58 -0500

Carmen for me too, but from bad luck. In the first live production I saw,
the lead character wasn't sexy, so her acting was painful, and Escamillo was
just wooden. The next production by the same company had better acting, but
the Carmen had a weird tick to her voice, which probably dozens if not
hundreds of people on this list could diagnose, in which her top was
significantly louder than her lower voice. She sounded like she was shifting
gears all the time. We left at intermission. Not until I saw Garanca in the
Med HD could I really enjoy the opera.

Ken