Subject: Re: Sopranos
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 13:25:50 -0500

No body has to have a favorite New Zealand born soprano.

A favorite Romanian born one should be of interest primarily to
Romanians.

How controversial can the choices among two or three Australians be?

The European mainland is the obvious geographical region waiting to be
explored;  there the names are probably too numerous to contemplate,
but I noted a conspicuous absence of any German ladies on the
few international lists that have so far emerged.  I modestly propose
therefore, that the next two nationalities to consider are German:
  -  It's either Lotte, the Lehmann I heard, or Lili, the one none of us
could have, - and Russian: - ? ? ?

dtmk