Subject: New York Times Changes
From: Mark Bednar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:51:03 -0500

On Dec 20th the New York Times drastically reduced its critical coverage of
music and fine arts and I have been surprised not to have seen comments on
the Opera List. This last week was particularly bad with only one true
review (Rusalka). I'm ready to pull the plug on my subscription to the NYT
but I need other sources with which to replace it.

So I have two questions for the list:

1: Where do you go for reviews and coverage in general of the arts? I would
prefer mainstream sources and not personal blogs.

2: Where do you go for general news? I think the NYT still does a fine job
in this area but it's only a matter of time before cutbacks weaken this
content as well.

Thanks, Mark