Subject: Re: Sopranos
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:32:44 -0500

I don't mean to start the war, but how should we define outstanding,
and what is the time frame; can we go back as far as Lillian Nordica
and Nellie Melba?   What if I disclosed the fact that I consider
Florence Easton to be more outstanding than Ponselle, Steber, or
Price?, and
if Maria Callas is Greek, then is Eileen Farrell Irish?  Aside from that, I
would have to agree with Bob's choice of Maggie Teyte, but among the
American born sopranos whose career flourished within my own lifetime,
there was no one more "outstanding" than Beverley Sills.

dtmk