Subject: Re: I Puritani
From: Ivy Lin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Feb 2017 08:30:29 -0500

I was there last night. Here's my review:

http://poisonivywalloftext.blogspot.com/2017/02/i-puritani-no-high-f-but-who-cares.html

A blurb:
"Whoever knew that the serene I Puritani would be the opera to bring out the audience
crazies? Last night at the Met's premiere of I Puritani there was this EXTREMELY vocal Diana
Damrau fan who would scream "BRAAAAAAVVVVVVIIIIIIISSSSSSIIIIIIMMMMMMAAAAAA" and
"THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU" after every number. You could admire her enthusiasm except
that sounded more like she was giving birth than anything else.

Then at the end of "Credeasi misera" some fanatical vocal purist (???) shouted "NO HIGH F" at
Javier Camarena. The audience was shocked."