Subject: happy birthday to leontyne price
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Feb 2017 16:51:11 -0500

Thank you, Kurt, for a loving and well deserved tribute.

The "Blue Album" was one of my first operatic purchases,
and to this day I remember the thrill of hearing the Rondine
aria for the first time. As sheer tone, it stands alone among
every piece of music I have ever heard sung, and her voice
was, in its prime, the most beautiful I ever heard.

Her Met farewell as Aida was miraculous, and the tesrs she shed
after "O Patria Mia" were more than matched by my own, and, I
imagine, a few million others around the World.

Happy, Happy Birthday, with affection and gratitude!

Bob