Subject: Re: RIP Nicolai Gedda
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:58:46 -0500

I remember too when it seemed that Gedda was the tenor in every new
release.  I should have mentioned  during the recent Pinkerton debates,
that he was, and still is, one of my favorites in that role, with Callas as
Butterfly.  At the Met, his "Che gelida manina". when I heard it live,
might have peeled gold leaf from the ceiling - in a nice way  . . .
But not much attention has been given to his supremacy in the Russian
song repertoire, of which there were many lps and cds

dtmk.