Subject: Re: RIP Nicolai Gedda
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:21:26 -0500

I relate to Max de Winter's post.
Many years ago I would tune in to the Opera Channel on my TV  (it was
removed because they said not enough listeners tuned in to that channel --
grrrr!) and my mate would challenge me to try to identify the singers.
My score was surprisingly good, always astounding him.  But every once in
a while I would get frustrated with a tenor voice I really liked but for the
life of me could not figure out who it was, and each and every time my
mate would laugh and say words to the effect, "you did it again -- it's
It got to be such a joke in our family that to this day when I cannot identify
a tenor voice we both say in unison, "must be Gedda!"

Modify your settings: