Subject: Re: RIP Nicolai Gedda
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Feb 2017 18:36:09 -0500

He also sang the Simpleton in a concert performance of Boris in Washington
(R. Raimondi was a decent czar) some 29 years ago.  So help me, Niki "stole
the show" - his singing & elegance & style overshadowed all the other
singers.  As a matter of fact, a critic wondered why he was not given the
part of the False Dimitri, or even Shiushki, because of his healthy vocal
estate.

DonP.