Subject: Fwd: Nicolai Gedda (1925-2017) tribute
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Feb 2017 16:53:18 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Nicolai Gedda (1925-2017) tribute
To: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>

I'm so grateful to you for the opportunity to hear Gedda singing one
of my very favorite songs;  this version now ranks with the finest
recording I know,
James Melton's.  Though an ardent admirer of John McCormack, I have
always considered his record from 1916 to be a perfectlly musical rendition
but lacking in ardor or nuance, probably because of its avoidance of rubato

dtmk