Subject: Re: Live from Munich-Semiramide on BR-Klassic (Noon EST, 9am PST)
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Feb 2017 17:55:28 -0500

Helene,

Thanks for the tip....was able to record it...The opera itself was sliced
and diced - shame on Munich - something you don't do in Pesaro...even the
MET's original production was near complete with both of Idreno's
arias. Unlike Wagner, when it comes to Rossini, "integrity" is
an "Alternative Fact."  Yes, I realize Rossini himself tinkered, but "da
capos" should be sacred as well as whole arias when you have a virtuoso
like Lawrence Brownlee to see to their dispatch.

I found Di Donato up to the daunting task, but still a work in progress
with this complex role....I'm looking forward to seeing her in London when
the production travels.

Steve