Subject: Metropolitan Opera Cast Change Advisory - Carmen (fwd)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2017 22:04:02 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Roberto Aronica will sing the role of Don José in the February 7 and 11
matinee performances of Bizet’s Carmen, replacing the originally scheduled
Marcelo Álvarez, who is ill.

Italian tenor Aronica has sung Don José at Italy’s Teatro Regio di Torino
and Teatro Comunale di Bologna. Following his company debut in 1998 as
Alfredo in Verdi’s La Traviata, he starred as the Duke in Verdi’s Rigoletto
and in three Puccini roles: Rodolfo in La Bohème, Pinkerton in Puccini’s
Madama Butterfly, and Cavaradossi in Tosca. Later this season, he will
reprise the role of Don José at La Fenice and sing des Grieux in Puccini’s
Manon Lescaut at Naples’s Teatro di San Carlo.

--
posted by
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users