Subject: Re: Rigoletto - among my favorite operas
From: James Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Feb 2017 11:24:44 -0500

Monterone is often cast quite well from "staff artists" or with
headliners.   At the MET one season, Giaotti and Diaz shared the role
with Sparafucile.  I had Giaotti as Monterone and DIaz as Sparafucile.
It was wonderful.  I've also had Alan Held, who was terrific.

AS for recordings; they've done all right, too. David Ward is on the
Merrill/Mofffo set from RCA, Clifford Grant (a fine British Wagnerian)
is on the Sutherland/Pavarotti set.  I won't go on (but I could).

Jim

--
James Bodge

You only need two things: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If something moves and
it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape.  If it won't move and it should, use
the WD-40.