Subject: Re: Riccardo Stracciari - was Rigoletto - among my favorite operas
From: Stephen Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Feb 2017 09:53:35 -0500

I think one of the reasons I love conducting RIGOLETTO is that it is the first COMPLETE character Verdi wrote from beginning to end. The shift from real time to arioso to aria is smooth as glass. This is a play set to music, within certain period conventions, but the theater in the music is the primary factor of its success

Sent from my iPhone