Subject: Re: Riccardo Stracciari - was Rigoletto - among my favorite operas
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2017 13:45:26 -0500

Colzani was a fine interpreter of verismo roles (Scarpia, Rance, Michonnet,
Gerard, others).  But, he (in the ears of this beholder, anyway) possessed
one of the ugliest sounds imaginable.  In the Verdi repertoire, other than
perhaps Amonasro, I shudder to think of him vocally interpreting Rigoletto.

DonP