Subject: Riccardo Stracciari - was Rigoletto - among my favorite operas
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2017 11:00:02 -0500

Hi Kurt.  Yes, among the very greatest is -

Pavel Lisitsian, whom I did see in his Met "hail and farewell" as
Amonasro. His recorded legacy, across an enormous range of styles,
is as great as any I know, and much of his German lieder, even sung in
Russian, approaches vocal perfection rarely heard.

Bob