Subject: Re: Riccardo Stracciari - was Rigoletto - among my favorite operas
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2017 09:40:11 -0600

Stracciari ranks high in my pantheon of baritones with magnificent voices. (Although Gobbi is my god, I adore him for his all-around artistry, not necessarily his voice).

The others on my list of greatest voices are Ruffo, Bastianini (my #1 choice), Manuguerra, Warren and Erich Kunz, whose voice may not rank with the others in terms of majesty, but the sheer beauty of his sound never fails to move me. Others? No doubt I’m missing a few but I’m sure that more names will be mentioned in response.

Kurt Youngmann
> On Feb 6, 2017, at 9:31 AM, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Absolutely Don Paolo. Stracciari is probably, after Tito Gobbi, my
> favorite Italian baritone.

"Hundreds of hysterical persons must confuse these phenomena with messages from the beyond and take their glory to the bishop rather than the eye doctor."  - James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Modify your settings: