Subject: Re: Pinkerton
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2017 10:14:05 -0500

The question is: who would want to write an opera in which one of
these characters stopped to think and then act upon the consequences
of their
psychological misconceptions, and, more to the point: who would want to
hear it?  The result would either be a very short one-acter, or a verismo
Ring cycle.

dtmk