From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2017 04:53:10 -0500

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

Carol Nesblett (1946)
Clara Butt (1872-1936)
Aldo Ciccolini (1925-2015)
Flaviano Labo (1927-1991)
Victor Herbert (1859-1924)
Renata Tebaldi (1922-2004)
Francesco Veracini (1690-1768)

Also, the following works premiered on this date:

Puccini's "La Boheme" (1896)
Puccini's "Manon Lescaut" (1893)
Schoenberg's "Von Heute auf Morgan" (1930)

Let us remember the following artists who joined Heaven's Choir on this

Joann Grillo (1936-1999)
Aldo Ciccolini (1925-2015)
William Bennett (1816-1875)
Giancarlo Menotti (1911-2007)

The quote for today is:  "I know that my voice has entered into the
hearts of many people and has caused beautiful reactions. Some, hearing
me sing, have become more religious; some who were ill felt joy;
friends, while in hospital, played my tapes whenever they felt ill; they
all said that my voice gave them the strength needed to stand the pain.
Therefore, how can I not be thankful for this great gift?"     Renata

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with them.

 ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring contributions
 to the world of classical music.

 ARTISTS' EVENTS honors the following Hall of Fame peerless artists for
 their profound contributions to the world of opera:

 Tenor of all tenors Enrico Caruso (25 February 1873-2 August 1921)
 Coloratura prima donna assoluta Erna Berger (19 October 1900-14 June
 Soprano prima donna assoluta Rosa Ponselle (22 January 1897-25 May
 Prima contralto assoluta Fedora Barbieri (4 June 1920-4 March 2003)
 Baritone unequaled Leonard Warren (21 April 1911-4 March 1960)
 Basso profundo of all bassos Ezio Pinza (18 May 1892-9 May 1957)

 In memory of the following first rate artists for February 2017:

 Primo tenore  Alfred Piccaver (5 Feb 1884-23 Sep 1958)
 Coloratura stupenda Erna Sack (6 Feb 1898-2 Mar 1972)
 Soprano prima donna Renata Tebaldi (1 Feb 1922-19 Dec 2004)
 Contralto assoluta Clara Butt (1 Feb 1872-23 Jan 1936)
 Baritone unparalleled Geraint Evans (16 Feb 1922-19 Sep 1992)
 Basso profundo Cesare Siepi (10 Feb 1923-5 Jul 2010)
 Distinguished virtuoso Myra Hess (25 Feb 1890-25 Nov 1965)
 Preeminent conductor Erich Leinsdorf (4 Feb 1912-3 Jun 1996)
 Premier composer Arrigo Boito (24 Feb 1842-10 Jun 1918)
 Featured premier Meyerbeer's "Les Huguenots" (29 Feb 1836)

 "Mas Canciones," Linda Ronstadt
 "Canciones de Mi Padre," Linda Ronstadt
 "Jardin Azul: Las Canciones Favoritas," Linda Ronstadt
 "Greatest Italian Songs," vol 1, Connie Francis
 "Greatest Italian Songs," vol 2, Connie Francis
 "Spanish and Latin American Favorites," Connie Francis
 Bing Crosby: "White Christmas," with sales of over 100 MILLION copies.
 Also, he was the best recording artist of the 20th century with over
 half a BILLION records in circulation.

 May ARTISTS' EVENTS put a smile on your face and a song in your heart
 each day.

 Pace e Gioia,

 Bob Dilley
  (He Who Dares Wins)

-- - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are

Modify your settings: