Subject: This could be done at an opera performance as well
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:21:47 -0800

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/classical-music/seattle-symphony-brings-homelessness-inside-the-concert-hall/

This is on the front page of today’s Seattle Times arts section.

During a performance of Charles Ives’ “New England Holidays,” audiences
will see artwork created by clients of four Seattle nonprofits serving the
homeless.

By
Jason Victor Serinus
Special to The Seattle Times
Never before has an American symphony orchestra given the homeless equal
billing with Charles Ives and Ludwig van Beethoven.

But this week, homelessness takes center stage in Benaroya Hall during a
performance of Ives’ “New England Holidays” (aka “Holidays” Symphony), as
part of a Seattle Symphony initiative that aims to build connections with
the community. ...

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA