Subject: Re: Matio Lanza
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:14:14 -0500

Elvis as the Student Prince in Ruritanian Europe would have been MGM
"regie" at its most daring but who for Kathi?   Debbie Reynolds?  Of course
if you want to continue to  explode all accepted logic, I would suggest Ann
Miller frenetically tapping her way through Olde Heidelberg.  As an
alternative, they could have set it all in the Baltic port of Riga, in
which case an Esther Williams aquacade sequence is self recommending.

Actually, Elvis would have fit nicely into "Oklahoma" if the show could
have been rewritten to ignore plot and focus on "Elvisness..."
"