Subject: Re: Matio Lanza
From: Kurt Youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:47:39 -0600

Sorry, Bob

Occasionally I disagree with you. This is one of those times.

Student Prince the movie desecrated Student Prince the operetta. Almost nothing in the film resembles anything in the operetta. The Prince is turned into a cad who is very hard to like. The important role of Dr. Engels is all but eliminated. The beautiful serenade changes from an ensemble to a solo. There's much more but it's been quite a while since I've seen it so that's all I can remember. I thoroughly dislike this movie despite Lanza's singing.

Kurt Youngmann