Subject: Re: White singers in Porgy & Bess
From: Benjamin Rochefort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:29:15 -0500

Hmm... I've been told privately that Larry Marshall is a black
performer, and a web search seems to confirm it. Funny because I
distinctly remember that the Sportin' Life in that production was a
very  light-skinned man (and I assumed at the time, white), in an
all-black cast, which struck me as an interesting bit of trivia at the
time. Anyway, unless there was a last-minute substitution, I seem to be
wrong about that and I apologize for any confusion.

--
Benjamin Rochefort
http://benwen.info