Subject: Esclarmonde (was Carreras and his rep)
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jan 2017 08:01:53 -0600

I love Esclarmonde, and have ever since the recording came out around 1976 or 1977.  It's up there with Manon and Thaïs, neither of which I took to as quickly.  (I don't care for Werther.  Maybe seeing the Met production in a few weeks will change my mind; I'm not holding my breath.)

The complete first act of Esclarmonde is the filler on the Huguette Tourangeau disc in the recent Decca brick of 55 recitals.  I found myself enjoying it as much as I ever did.  I haven't heard the complete recording in a while; I guess  it's time to dig it out again.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone