Subject: Re: Carreras and his rep
From: Kurt Youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:28:38 -0600

Unfortunately I didn't get to attend, but there was the famous 1957 bilingual Chicago performance in which Giulietta Simionato switched back and forth between Italian and French.

The opera was supposed to have been sung in French but the tenor (perhaps Simoneau?) cancelled and his replacement only knew his role in Italian. Giulietta had sung Mignon in both languages and switched back and forth depending on who was onstage with her at the time.

Oh, to have been there...

Kurt Youngmann

Sent from my iPad