Subject: Re: R&J yesterday went my way (HD in Virginia-1-21-16)
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 22 Jan 2017 15:08:32 -0500

Everyone (except those in the know) believes Juliet has died a tragic death, so word of
this would have reached Romeo.  Apart from the libretto condensing (or omitting) much
of what is explicit in the play, the version performed at the Met had cuts, including the
scene where Frere Laurent learns that the message he sent to Romeo was never
delivered.
DK