Subject: Visiting Chicago Feb. 11 - 19
From: Kathy Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:34:46 -0500

Why then?  I don't figure there will be too many other tourists around, that is assuming I
even get there!  This is my first real visit to Chicago, having once attended a conference
there thirty years ago.  As a retired teacher, I try to stretch my budget as much as I can
and thus some questions:

We'll be staying in the loop near the opera house and the Harris Theater and we expect to
see Norma, Carmen, and Inspector Morel.  I understand that there are rush tickets
available at Lyric Opera the day of, but as I understand it, not just for seniors and they
are half price, not like those wonderful $25 tickets at the Met.  And one stands outside
the box office in the blizzard to get them?

Also, Yefin Bronfman is playing at the symphony.  Anyone know anything about rush
there?  That covers four nights.  So I have two questions:

1.  Best place to sit if I have a choice with Lyric Opera?
2.  Best place to sit at the symphony?
3.  Best place to sit at Harris Hall?
4.  What exciting things are going with music or theater that we should look at.  We have
eight nights and likely won't be out all eight of them, since we have lots of sightseeing to
do during the day.  But I see from a bit of poking that there are several chamber
orchestras, lots of theater, etc.  But it is hard to find out what is playing that one wants to
see!!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me and of course I am happy with private replies!