Subject: Re: R&J yesterday went my way (HD in Virginia-1-21-16)
From: John Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 22 Jan 2017 12:27:39 -0600

If I am not mistaken - and I could be - if R&J is given note complete, the opera does have a very short scene showing Fr Lawrence getting attacked on the way to deliver the message to Romeo, or at least I've seen in staged that way, years ago.  I think opera companies don't do it know because they don't want to build a set for a scene that is extremely short?  I haven't seen that scene staged in years, so it may just have been the director's choice during some of the incidental music between bigger scene changes if the opera wasn't actually written to include it.

Best

John Greiner

Sent from my iPhone