Subject: Re: Why did Carreras not essay Romeo, Faust, Mignon, etc?
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:47 +0000

Hello all--
I remember hearing some of the early Carreras recordings when they were new--the Un giorno di regno on Philips in particular comes to mind--and thinking it was the most beautiful tenor voice in the world and that I liked him better than either Domingo or Pavarotti, who were already vying for "top tenor" status at that time.  Sadly, that period of Carreras' career only lasted a few years, if that, but anytime I hear a recording of his from the mid-1970s I have the same reaction I did the first time.
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone!