Subject: Re: Carreras
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:48:47 +0100

>Never forget Araiza. All the tenors of that group loved him the best. Stage fright! Imagine that.

I think you mean Jaime Aragall.

Araiza was another example of a singer who destroyed himself. I heard
him sing wonderful performanmces in Sonnambukla and Cenerentola (in
Zurich and Munich) but then he felt he had to sing Chenier, Forza and
Lohengrin and he completely blew a gorgeous lyric voice.
I knew a tenor (actually an ex-student of mine) who took several
masterclasses on ntechnique with him and said it helped him a lot,
because anything he said to do, he then knew not to do it.

David