Subject: Re: Parsifal
From: Pandora Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Jan 2017 00:18:04 +0000

I spent about five years of my mature adult life simultaneously obsessed with both The Wasteland and with Parsifal. A fairly symbiotic obsession, I think. After intense reading, study, and listening, I'm not sure I ever fully "got" either of those supreme works. Yet, The Wasteland is my favorite poem and Parsifal is my favorite opera. I have ten recordings, my favorite, all things considered, being the Kubelik - though I feel a little disloyal to Knappertsbusch in saying so.  And yes, I know he was a Nazi, so please...