Subject: Parsifal
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:49:19 -0500

Donald, Stephen

Gentlemen - My first live Parsifal was at the Met in 1966 with
Crespin, Konya, London, Meredith and Hines under Pretre.

It was musically exceptional and it was, incidentally, George
London's Met farewell, though we did not know it at the time.
I did not get it then, and after., perhaps, an additional 5 live
performances, and many radio, LP and CD hearings. I still
don't get it, in sum.

I never say "never" but this is about as close as I'll ever gets to
"never", recognizing that "most" of the music is magnificent.

I do thank you for your concern ;-). Actualy, I do, very much.
If we all tried to educate each other instead of trashing each other,
this would be a better place.

Bob