Subject: Parsifal as summation (was: no subject)
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:56:39 -0500

Is that fact (i.e. something Wagner himself noted) or just opinion?

If it's fact, that's great for Wagner. But the beauty of art is that we all see/hear/receive things
in different ways, and just because we know and understand the composer's intent in creating
the work does not mean we need to accept it that way on a visceral/emotional level. (And
given recent news events, let me stress that I'm talking about how we respond to ART, not
how to create "alternative fact" lol. God forbid, and god help us.)

If it's opinion, well then, enough said. We all have those. ;-)