Subject: Re: Which Wagner?
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 24 Jan 2017 21:42:40 +0000

I must agree…. I adore the Ring, Lohengrin is one of my absolute favorite
operas, Meistersinger and Dutchman ditto, wouldn’t miss a Tannheuser, but
Parsifal bores me to death.  I do enjoy hearing the music, but sitting
through the whole opera requires a Jonas Kaufmann at the least for me to
go anywhere near it.  I feel similarly about Tristan, and I know I am
going to be chastised for that.
Kati

On 1/24/17, 4:24 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of
Anthony Perovich" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of