Subject: Re: Parsifal
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:59:37 -0500

Donald,

If the answer to your question is restricted to "orchestral" domain then it
would be hard to argue Klingsor's allure...If, however you would allow the
vocal to intrude, I would suggest Assur from "Semiramide"  - if you have a
basso up to it (as Ramey certainly was...and Plancon must have been...)
this role contains some of the most dramatically evocative and
 potent music  ever composed for the so called "bad guy..."

Steve