Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:44:35 -0500

We have seen your list before, with some indignant exception taken to
it. Though not averse to pondering  your choices, I am unlikely to
live long enough to come anywhere near agreeing with them. What I find
interesting about this thread is the consensus that emerges:  LE NOZZE
DI FIGARO, DON CARLO, TRISTAN UND ISOLDE, LA BOHEME, and DIE FRAU OHNE
SCHATTEN are the five titles most often favoured.  How neatly that
seems to distribute honors among the most important composers of
opera.

dtmk