Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: Trish Callis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:01:03 +0000

For my taste, appealing to both head and heart, Otello and Nozze di Figaro have been my favorites since the 1970s.  The second tier of perhaps 15 is too crowded to differentiate, but I love them all.  I retain a special affection for the operas I heard performed in English in my early 20s; the immediacy of that experience with student or regional casts in small halls made an unforgettable impression.

Patricia L. Callis (Trish)