Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 12:04:45 -0700

Mine are:
Don Carlo
La Fanciulla del West
Gotterdammerung
Die Frau Ohne Schatten

and, when you have the right protagonisti

Norma
Fidelio - but it has to have the Leonora # 3 - who ever made it de rigeur
to not do it in the scene change should be condemned to never having sex
again.  For me that overture is an orgasm.

Might I also add - the 4th Acts of Trovatore, Gioconda and Luisa Miller.  😁