Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:14:51 -0500

Not only is it the second time this thread has surfaced (unwound?) in
the last couple of months, it is undeniably a perennial favourite.
Isn't it more fun to read the postings of those who participate than
of those who refuse to?   The
number of nominations that most of us agree on is always revealing, and I
am especially struck, this time, by a certain lack of enthusiasm for
much of Verdi's output, compared with Puccini and Wagner.

I think it is perfectly possible to have a single favourite, which has
often been
a fascinating topic as well.  It doesn't mean that one never wants to
hear anything else.

Mine is DIE MEISTERSINGER - when and if I have the time, otherwise, it
just makes me feel good to think about it.

dtmk