Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:32:11 -0500

Die Meistersinger
La Boheme
Falstaff
Nozze di Figaro
Ariadne auf Naxos

I also have a very special affection for Andrea Chenier,
a very underrated work, both textually and musically.

Having said that, I think that any opera lover, except, perhaps,
those who love Wagner exclusively (yes, there are those as well
as some who hate Wagner exclusively &#128512;) cannot really limit
their selections to five, six, or even a baker's dozen.

Bob