Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 5 Favorite Operas
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 01:33:05 -0500

I don't have favorite operas. Or, conversely, I have so many I can't narrow it down to a
meaningless 5-item list. There's so much wonderful music out there - why do we have to
come up with such paltry little lists? For every opera I would mention, there would be so
many I would be leaving out. And there are many operas that I have come to appreciate
more and more over time that at one time I would have overlooked.

It's a pointless exercise, IMO. But I guess it's all too human to want to make lists, so there
we are. ;-)