Subject: Re: Insults
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jan 2017 00:18:24 +0000

I totally agree that Mr Frey's reply to your post on the R&J performance was disgusting, pathetic and stupid. Everyone has a right to their opinions and the right to express them in a forum like this. One also has the right to disagree, but in a civil manner. Years ago there was a wonderful highlights album of R&J with Carteri and, I believe, Gedda on Angel. MY favorite Met Romeo was Gedda, Juliette was Maliponte in separate performances. I just remembered that when William Lewis, who was tall and thin, lifted Adriana in his arms some in the audience applauded. He never would attempted that with Caballe-LOL!