Subject: Re: Barbiere @ MET
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:42:03 -0500

That was the absolute poorest & most sloppy rendition of the Largo al
Ffactotum I've ever heard.  Figaro was one messy singer - yes, I know, he
had a cold, poor baby & Gelb cannot afford to pay substitutes.  And, Bartolo
was supposed to be a "comic bass"???  Can we resuscitate the magnificent
Fernando Corena???  The tenor needs to return to conducting - decent, but
woefully failed effort.

DonP.