Subject: Re: MIGNON
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:07:48 -0500

Rise Stevens did not sing Mignon in the fifties - the last Met performances
of Mignon were in 1949 and the Sony CD's of her Met Mignon are from  1945.
Marilyn Horne sang Mignon in Dallas ca. 1974.  According to Horne Sarah
Caldwell came to the first singers' rehearsal without any preparation.
She opened the score for the first time then, which of course upset Horne.
Horne was also unhappy with her Carmens with Caldwell in Boston when as
she claimed Sarah did not even bother to stage the last act.

Angelo from Boston