Re: R&J yesterday went my way (HD in Virginia-1-21-16)

Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>

Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Jan 2017 13:21:21 -0500

text/plain

> On Jan 22, 2017, at 12:25 PM, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> The "apothecary" scene, FYI, is one of Shakespeare's most admired; in
> it, Romeo, having been told of Juliet's entombment, buys poison and
> resolves to join her in death. I wish Gounod had seen fit to included
> it

I wish he had also included the scene which explains why Friar Laurence was unable to contact Romeo about his solution solution. That is what ultimately brings about the tragic conclusion.