Subject: Re: Correction NEA and PBS
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Jan 2017 11:59:53 -0500

I'm horrified by Trump and by the longstanding conservative dream of
destroying the NEA and the NEH, but ideology and justified resentment, not
anti-intellectualism are what's behind hatred of these groups. I don't agree
with a lot of it, but I see more fresh thinking on the Right right now than
I do on the Left. When, however, is the last time the NEA funded work that
mocks progressives and progressive thinking like so many of their funded
work mocks conservatives? Where were the conservative voices at the
otherwise excellent Human/Ties conference marking the 50th anniversary of
the NEH? (And on a related note, where are the conservatives shows on NPR or
PBS?) These organizations are supposed to give voice to all Americans, not
objectify and demonize half the country. Can you blame conservatives for not
wanting to pay for them?

Ken