Subject: Re: PBS, NEA etc.
From: Michael at Ariascribe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:53:10 -0800

Today I watched this: https://youtu.be/D_50zj7J50U <https://youtu.be/D_50zj7J50U> (Janet Baker, Dido’s lament) instead of almost everything else that seemed to be showing on the TV news channels.

Wonderful to watch. Very sad.

When my close friend and cousin died in a car accident, (I was 19, he was 18), I listened to the slow movement of Beethoven’s violin concerto. I still find it incredibly sad to listen to. His mother loved Elgar’s cello concerto, another sad piece.

At the very darkest moments I can still take comfort in great music and wonderful performances.

Michael