Subject: Re: PBS, NEA etc.
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:18:34 -0700

These days I find more videos of opera on Youtube than any other place.
There are hundreds of them out there.   For the Met videos, I subscribe to
the Met On Demand website where I can find over 400 videos and audios of
Met performances.   We do go to our local movie theater to see the live
broadcasts as well so I feel we are well-covered regardless of what PBS
does.  Those constant fund drives with their horrible programming(8 hours
with Jerry the gardner, hours and hours of Lawrence Welk) drive me nuts.
Are there enough people still alive who like Lawrence Welk. enough to
warrant all of that programming of his old, old shows.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.